History of Our Church
On January 13, 1889, the First Presbyterian Church of Dade City, Florida was officially organized with twenty-five charter members. During our first year of existence, church services were held in the original frame courthouse in Dade City. In 1891, a one-acre lot was purchased on Church Street for $150 and construction began in 1894. Our beautiful sanctuary was constructed with virgin pine walls and hardwood pews. The tall narthex, with its pointed tower and shake-shingle roof, is reminiscent of the church architecture common at the turn of the century. This magnificent building continues to serve as our weekly house of worship. We are registered as a Historical Pasco County Landmark, and we remain constantly vigilant in our efforts to maintain the traditional and historical aesthetics of our beautiful century-old sanctuary. In 2000, there was a renovation of virtually all areas of the church facility.